A Short GRO Guide For SEO
I think we can all agree that Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) can be somewhat overwhelming to the average folk, which is why we are here to help you understand the benefits of a good SEO campaign and what SEO actually is.
Let’s start off by breaking it down – SEO stands for Search Engine Optimisation. In other words, it’s the strategy of improving (optimising) your website so that Google (search engine) sees it as a high-quality website to show to people in the search results.
That’s not all, once your website is ranked good enough to be shown in the search results, SEO helps it appear on page 1 so it is right there for potential customers to click. How many times have you ‘Googled’ something and only clicked on the first handful of results? Almost every time. So if you’re not utilising an SEO strategy to make sure your website appears in that first handful, you could be missing out on valuable customers.
SEO is an organic way of ranking higher on Google and gaining more visibility and traffic to your website. This is done through the optimisation of different keywords related to your business and incorporated into the content on your website. For example, somebody searching for a “website design agency” is looking for a company who specialise in website design, so Google’s algorithm looks for the most relevant websites to list in the search results. For potential customers to find your business when typing in keywords relating to your products and services, you need to rank above other websites offering the same service. This is not always easy, but that is what an SEO campaign is all about.
So, what helps make an SEO campaign successful?
We can’t stress enough how important good content is for an SEO campaign. “Content is King” according to Bill Gates back in 1996 and it still rings true.
Google indexes the content on your website to decide how relevant it is to the person searching. This means your number one priority when delivering an SEO campaign is to produce great content.
SEO is no different from anything else, great results come from a lot of time and effort. Here at GRO we have a great team of content writers and SEO specialists, so your SEO campaign is safe in our hands – which is why we’re on Page 1 of Google for SEO Agency Hull.
Tips for Creating Great Content:
- Understand your audience – You need to know what your audience would like to accomplish when they land on your page.
- Break up the text – People don’t stay interested very long, and don’t always have the time to read blocks of content, so break it up with headings and images. You could even switch it up with Q and A’s and lists.
- Answer the question – does your content answer your readers’ questions? Will they have all of the information they need?
When doing keyword research, you need to understand the intent behind the keyword as well as its competitiveness. If you’re ranking for a specific keyword for example, “Website Design Hull” you’re going to attract people searching and looking for a website designer. That one keyword could bring 1000s of people to your site. That is why in-depth keyword research is so important when running a good SEO campaign.
Tips for Selecting the Best Keywords:
- Know the intent – Understand the intent of your keyword and that there is a difference between what a buyer will type into Google and what a researcher will type into Google.
- Research your competitors – One of the best ways to perform keyword research is to look at what your competitors are doing and take influence from them.
Starting an SEO strategy from scratch can seem overwhelming, but lucky you – we’re on hand! If you would like some more in-depth information about our SEO service you can do so here. Please feel free to contact us ,we’d love to chat with you.All News